Since 1998, apprenticeships have been the building blocks of the Intelect workforce, and have continued to be for the past 20 years as we have grown and progressed as a business.
We have built a strong working relationship with our training providers, including JTL Training, Middlesbrough College and The Northern Skills Group, all of whom have been a constant support network to us and our apprentices, enabling us to get the best from them as they progress throughout their courses and with their careers.
The last few years has seen increased growth with the number of apprentices we take on. On average Intelect employ around 20-25 apprentices at any one time, ranging from 1st year apprentices, to those studying degree level or higher education courses.
When it comes to apprenticeships, Intelect’s ethos has always been ‘train to retain’. With over 50% of the Intelect workforce having previously been an apprentice, or still completing an apprenticeship, this means we retain the specialised skills needed for the industries we operate in, allowing us to maintain the highest standards of practice.
When Intelect started their apprenticeship programme back in 1998, it began with just 2 electrical apprentices, one of whom is still with the company today as a qualified electrician.
As Intelect has grown, the range of apprenticeship disciplines we offer has widened, with us now utilising them in all aspects of our business, from Accounting to CAD Design, and Administration to Welding & Pipework.
Additional information about apprenticeships
- Our apprenticeship courses include; Electrical Engineering, Fabrication and Welding, Design, Business Administration, Accountancy, Pipefitting and Welding and Mechanical Fitting.Read More »
- Here at Intelect, we are very proactive in the training of our apprentices. As well as receiving on the job training, apprentices will also receive specialised training from our training providers, to ensure they build the right knowledge and skills around their course.Read More »
- The Intelect Apprenticeship Programme is the best way to develop a career in a subject you are passionate about, whilst also getting paid.Read More »
- Intelect are regularly nominated for industry awards which recognise the efforts we put into staff training.Read More »
- Additional information for anyone wanting to apply for an apprenticeship with Intelect.Read More »
Working for intelectRead about how our employees that have succeeded through apprenticeship programmes.
- As part of National Apprenticeship Week 2020, we spoke to …
- Middlesbrough-based engineering company, Intelect have once again been highlighted for …
- This year Intelect celebrates 20 years in business, are named …
- Company Secretary and Director John Thompson from the company accepted …
- Intelect are proud that Liam Steel (pictured right) and Jonathan …