Since 1998, apprenticeships have been the building blocks of the Intelect workforce, and have continued to be for the past 20 years as we have grown and progressed as a business.
We have built a strong working relationship with our training providers, including JTL Training, Middlesbrough College and The Northern Skills Group, all of whom have been a constant support network to us and our apprentices, enabling us to get the best from them as they progress throughout their courses and with their careers.
The last few years has seen increased growth with the number of apprentices we take on. On average Intelect employ around 20-25 apprentices at any one time, ranging from 1st year apprentices, to those studying degree level or higher education courses.
When it comes to apprenticeships, Intelect’s ethos has always been ‘train to retain’. With over 50% of the Intelect workforce having previously been an apprentice, or still completing an apprenticeship, this means we retain the specialised skills needed for the industries we operate in, allowing us to maintain the highest standards of practice.
When Intelect started their apprenticeship programme back in 1998, it began with just 2 electrical apprentices, one of whom is still with the company today as a qualified electrician.
As Intelect has grown, the range of apprenticeship disciplines we offer has widened, with us now utilising them in all aspects of our business, from Accounting to CAD Design, and Administration to Welding & Pipework.
Our commitment to our apprentices is stronger now than ever, and ultimately everyone wins because of it. Whether our apprentices chose to remain with Intelect, or move on with their career elsewhere, they will leave with first class training and experience, and the Intelect team will have also developed and grown thanks to their contribution.
Here at Intelect, we offer a wide range of apprenticeships at different educational levels, allowing us to help our apprentices reach their maximum potential.
The courses we offer:
- Electrical Engineering
- Fabrication and Welding
- Mechanical Fitting
- Level 2
- Level 3
- Level 4
- BEng Honours
Charlie Baker Apprentice Award
For the past 3 years, we have recognised the hard work and achievements of our apprentices through the Charlie Baker Apprentice of the Year Award, which is dedicated to a former employee, who sadly passed away in 2014.
Throughout his time with us, Charlie was a huge asset to the Intelect team, and often played a large part in the development of apprentices, taking many of them under his wing, which is why we decided to create and dedicate this award to him.
Winners of the Charlie Baker Apprentice Award
- 2017/18 Apprentice of the Year: Marcus McMahon.
- 2016/17 Apprentice of the Year: Tom Blakemore.
- 2015/16 Apprentice of the Year: James Steel.
- Middlesbrough-based engineering company, Intelect have once again been highlighted for their successful apprenticeship programme.Read More »
- Jamie Colledge, former Electrical Installation Apprentice, is now our head Electrical Design Engineer, after a change in his career path.Read More »
- Intelect were celebrating, after triumphing at the Grand Final of the North East Business Awards 2019, being crowned overall winner of the ‘Apprenticeship Award’.Read More »
- Alex, who is one of 30 apprentices currently employed by Intelect, fought off fierce competition from other final year apprentices in the region, after being nominated by his JTL training officer, Paul Moorcock.Read More »
- After successfully completing his apprenticeship in 2016, Ryan was awarded JTL ‘Apprentice of the Year’ for the North East and Yorkshire region, and was the third best apprentice nationally for his intake. Since then, Ryan has gone from strength to strength and is now a Project Manager, recently securing Intelect’s largest ever project with McCain’s foods.Read More »