Intelect are an award winning electrical and mechanical engineering company with bases in Middlesbrough, Leicester and Grimsby, predominantly servicing process industries such as food and beverage manufacturing, utilities, heavy industry and renewables. We are passionate about growing and investing in a workforce for the future and as such, we offer continuous personal development should this be an aspiration of the individual.
We are currently looking for an experienced Electrical Systems Control Engineer to join our growing panel team in Middlesbrough with an immediate start available. Reporting to the Panel Department Manager, the successful candidate will be experienced in managing projects for the full life cycle, as well as a small team.
Already a proven engineer, the candidate must be motivated and hardworking and must have a willingness to learn and adapt. They must also be willing to travel to various client sites across the UK, with occasional opportunities for overseas projects.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Create drawings in AutoCAD Electrical format
- Ability to manage a project for the full life cycle (Initial Tender stage to Site Acceptance Test (SAT))
- Manage a small team of electricians who will be manufacturing the build
- Overseeing project budgets and schedules
- Managing external contractors
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedure rules and regulations
- This will be a customer facing role so the ability to maintain positive working relationships with clients and other parties is essential
- Adopt safe systems of work (RAMS)
- Present to work in line with the Intelect brand values
We are looking for someone with the following experience and qualifications:
- Electrical design background around panel manufacturing essential.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience managing projects.
- A full UK driver’s license.
- Qualifications to degree/HNC/HND in engineering or equivalent essential.
- Skills for interpreting electrical drawings, documentation and data.
- Various safety qualifications such as CSCS Card / site safety passport / MEWP / IPAF / SSSTS are desirable.
- Full time – 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 16:30, Friday 08:00 – 13:30)
- Middlesbrough based with some travel to client sites required
- Immediate start available
- 24 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- BC&E Life Cover
- On-going training and personal development supported
- Pay is competitive and negotiable dependent on experience