Intelect are looking for an experienced CDM Site Manager / H&S Advisor to join the expanding Health & Safety department. The role itself would involve managing safety on a large number of CDM projects throughout the UK.
This is an excellent opportunity for somebody who has a passion for Health & Safety. We are looking for a person who is confident and willing to learn, and who is comfortable being the face of the Health & Safety department when working on our extensive CDM projects. They will also be the interface between the client and the safety of the project, so should be able to competently communicate and advise clients, project engineers and contractors on all aspects of safety.
The Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental team support Intelect by providing occupational and management services and processes to ensure compliance to customer, industry and legislative requirements and aspirations.
Our aims are to create a culture, which is intolerant of accidents, incidents and poor safety performance; ensure QHSE compliance is a core business value; make QHSE compliance important and personal in order to influence peoples decisions and behaviour; eliminate all preventable illnesses, injuries and business losses due to unplanned events throughout our operations and premises.
Day to day roles and responsibilities will include:
- Offer a variety of H&S advice to our expanding client base.
- Carrying out audits and accident investigations when required.
- Supporting the Intelect group QHSE Manager in his duties.
- Toolbox talks & daily briefs to contractors.
- Maintaining a high level of safety on our many projects.
We are looking for someone with the following experience, skills and qualifications:
- Site manger Safety training Scheme (SMSTS) desirable
- First Aid L3 desirable
- NEBOSH – General / Construction required
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in the Health & Safety and site Management
- Full UK driving license and access to a vehicle required
40 hours per week
Monday – Friday 08:00-16:30
Overtime available and at times will be required as part of the role.
- Competitive salary
- Training opportunities and support with personal development
- 24 days holiday, plus statutory allowance
- Travel expenses and mileage
- Good working environment and an excellent team
- Flexible working options
- Uniform provided