Key Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Planning and control of daily production schedules.
- Liaise with design team to provide a bridge between the office and shop floor.
- Arrange stock and monitor necessary equipment.
- Direct supervision of personnel.
- Embracing all aspects of assigned staff management, identifying competency requirements, training, development of the team and all disciplinary procedures.
- Maintaining and creating a good working atmosphere and motivating the workforce to create team building.
- Implementing and monitoring health, safety and environmental issues within their department to ensure compliance with the appropriate legislation.
- Take lead responsibility of staff during the shift, ensuring that they are working within hours, wearing PPE, and following company policies as set out.
- Assist, help, and train personnel.
A desirable skill set would include, but not be limited to:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good time management.
- Well organised.
- Good IT capabilities.
- Business minded, driven and forward thinking.
- Good all Round Fabrication experience
This is a Full-Time position at 37.5 hours per week.
- Rate is negotiable to the right candidate.
- Must be flexible concerning OT evening/weekend work.
- Proven experience as a fabricator/welder along with experience in a similar supervisory role.
- Solid understanding of fabrication and welding processes as well as quality procedures, organisational and time management skills.
- Assessing and issuing drawing packs to meet deadlines.
- Maintaining accurate records of both build processes and man hours used.
Further information and applications to Jonathan Smithies email email@example.com or call 01642 878784.