News & Features
Lighthouse Construction Industry Charity
The Construction Industry Helpline is managed and funded by the Lighthouse Construction Industry Charity. The charity has been delivering charitable welfare and support to the construction community since 1956. The Lighthouse Construction Industry Charity is funded by the industry, for the industry.
Intelect have renewed their Company Supporter pledge for another year.
Mental health and wellbeing will touch us all at some point and as an employer we want to help support our staff. The Lighthouse Club manages and funds the Construction Industry Helpline with the support of our industry and volunteers.
If you are struggling from any of the issues below, are currently working or a former worker in the construction industry or an apprentice to a construction trade,
- Emergency financial aid in times of crisis following an illness, accident, injury or bereavement that forces a family into a state of poverty.
- Advice on occupational health and wellbeing issues as an employee or an employer.
- Support and advice for sufferers of stress and addiction-related illnesses.
- Advice on matters ranging from divorce to employment.
- Advice on specific tax-related issues concerning employment within the construction sector.
- Help to manage and reschedule debt.
- Help to understand the benefits system and your entitlement, especially if you are caring for others.
- Support on career changes, especially after accident or injury preventing you from returning to your original job.
#TF⚡️30 take the time to stop and save the details in your phone we never know when we or a colleague might need the support of a friendly voice that understands the pressures of our industry both in work & at home.
Applicants will need to comply with the following criteria:
- Be currently working or a former worker in the construction industry or allied trades
- An apprentice to a construction trade
Applications can be submitted on behalf of somebody fulfilling this criteria as long as they have the applicants permission.
If you have answered "YES" to the above criteria please call our Construction Industry Helpline on 0345 605 1956 to complete the application over the phone or alternatively request a call or email back by visiting their website here: https://www.constructionindustryhelpline.com/application.html
- Engineering company, Intelect celebrates a double whammy, ranking in the Apprenticeships Top 50 SME Employers for 2022 just days after triumphing at the Teesside North East Business Awards in the Apprenticeships, Training and Skills category.Read More »
- As companies around the world celebrate International Women in Engineering Day (INWED), local mechanical and electrical engineering business, Intelect are transpiring their thoughts into action, by becoming a Corporate Supporter of the Power of Women campaign.Read More »
Intelect continues its support of the Armed Forces Community hosting the North East Armed Forces Business ForumIntelect were delighted to host the North East Armed Forces Business Forum for June, which saw over 20 regional businesses come together to discuss how they can better support those who serve, or have served, and their families.Read More »