News & Features
Lighthouse Construction Industry Charity
The Construction Industry Helpline is managed and funded by the Lighthouse Construction Industry Charity. The charity has been delivering charitable welfare and support to the construction community since 1956. The Lighthouse Construction Industry Charity is funded by the industry, for the industry.
Intelect have renewed their Company Supporter pledge for another year.
Mental health and wellbeing will touch us all at some point and as an employer we want to help support our staff. The Lighthouse Club manages and funds the Construction Industry Helpline with the support of our industry and volunteers.
If you are struggling from any of the issues below, are currently working or a former worker in the construction industry or an apprentice to a construction trade,
- Emergency financial aid in times of crisis following an illness, accident, injury or bereavement that forces a family into a state of poverty.
- Advice on occupational health and wellbeing issues as an employee or an employer.
- Support and advice for sufferers of stress and addiction-related illnesses.
- Advice on matters ranging from divorce to employment.
- Advice on specific tax-related issues concerning employment within the construction sector.
- Help to manage and reschedule debt.
- Help to understand the benefits system and your entitlement, especially if you are caring for others.
- Support on career changes, especially after accident or injury preventing you from returning to your original job.
#TF⚡️30 take the time to stop and save the details in your phone we never know when we or a colleague might need the support of a friendly voice that understands the pressures of our industry both in work & at home.
Applicants will need to comply with the following criteria:
- Be currently working or a former worker in the construction industry or allied trades
- An apprentice to a construction trade
Applications can be submitted on behalf of somebody fulfilling this criteria as long as they have the applicants permission.
If you have answered "YES" to the above criteria please call our Construction Industry Helpline on 0345 605 1956 to complete the application over the phone or alternatively request a call or email back by visiting their website here: https://www.constructionindustryhelpline.com/application.html
- Ben New, fabrication apprentice, is one of the company’s latest rising stars. Completing his first year of training with local engineering college HETA, Ben was recently awarded Apprentice of the Year by the college, after achieving a distinction in each of the ten exams he sat as part of his course.Read More »
- St Mary’s Football Club has had a positive start to their season following the announcement of a new three-year sponsorship with local engineering company, Intelect.Read More »
- News & Features In the same week that engineering company Intelect celebrated its 25th anniversary, the team were also delighted to bag three awards for their commitments to apprenticeships and training. The first award arrived at the grand final of the North East Business Awards, where Intelect narrowly pipped Unipres and Newcastle Building Society to […]Read More »