Intelect UK Ltd. was founded in 1997, it's founders (all experienced engineers), aimed to provide clients with a service that is of high and exacting standards with consistent performance and attention to detail. This can only be provided by highly-skilled and knowledgeable professionals, which you will find at Intelect, now one of the largest independent engineering contractors in the North East.
Intelect currently has three bases in Teesside, Humberside and Leicestershire, where they provide engineering services to some of the leading operators in the food processing, utilities, renewables and pharmaceuticals sectors.
- 1997 Company founded by 4 engineers First customer’s, Nestle, Terry’s of York.
- 1999 Move to new premises and open our panel manufacture facility.
- 2002 Expansion forces another move, pipework division opened.
- 2005 Mechanical manufacture and fabrication added as a discipline.
- 2008 Three acre site acquired in Middlesbrough for future expansion.
- 2009 Stephenson House opens. A first class office, fabrication and manufacturing facility.
- 2009 Whitworth House opens. Our new machining facility.
- 2011 Brunel House opens in Grimsby.
- 2012 Edison House opens. The home of our new control panel assembly building in Teesside.
- 2013 Faraday House opens in Leicester.
- 2016 Armstrong House opens in Middlesbrough, doubling the manufacturing space.
- 2017 Grimsby office relocates to 24,000 sq ft premises in on The Omega Business Park in Grimsby.
- 2019 North East Business Awards, Teesside Company of the Year Finalist & Grand Final Apprenticeship Award Winner.
News & Features
- Intelect Engineering in Grimsby were asked to design and build a combined lifting frame and jig to lift the rear fuselage section off its temporary trolley and fix it in a position so it could be worked on safely.Read More »
- Intelect and five other industry-leading Teesside businesses, have signed up as corporate partners to work with High Tide.Read More »
- Intelect has achieved a Silver in the internationally-renowned RoSPA Health and Safety Awards, the longest-running industry awards scheme in the UK.Read More »
- News & Features One of the North’s fastest growing mechanical engineering and electrical firms has launched a new division based at Grimsby. Intelect Engineering has occupied an 8,000 sq. ft. former BT workshop and office complex on the South Humberside Industrial Estate and in so doing has already created 20 new jobs with more to […]Read More »
- Intelect has been recognised for its health and safety performance by winning a prestigious International Safety Award. The award was given by one of the world’s leading advocates of workplace health and safety, the British Safety Council, and is supported by the Health and Safety Executive.Read More »