Principal Contractor & Designer
Client: PPG Paints in Birstall Leeds
Project: Feasibility study through to design and installation of a new environmentally conscious and cost saving processing line from raw material to dispatch.
Role: Project Managers, Principal Designer and Principal Contractors as well as delivering the work as one of the main contractors.
Summary of works
- The installation of a complete paint process plant including enabling works, civils, silo, process manufacturing, storage vessels, de-nesting, filling, robotic stacking and palletisation.
- Intensive activity all within a small foot print whilst live working within a busy operational plant.
- Managing in excess of 50,000 man-hours, averaging 25 contractors per day and peaking at 50 during the main execution.
- This included completing 250 Site CDM inductions, +1,500 general PTW, 600 Hot Work and 6,000 Safety Compliance Checks.
- The control of x9 major contract crane lifts with minimised impact on the site operation.
- The site safety performance has been certified as ‘Excellent’ rating on all external safety audit. Verified by Quest Consultancy and peaked at a 98.7% audit score with no lost time incidents.
Site visits and feedback
Following a site visit from the senior management group, our teams received some fantastic feedback about how the project was going and the positive no nonsense approach Intelect had taken to managing the COVID-19 pandemic on-site.
Both Steve and Pedro reported their feedback to Tim Knavish, the Executive Vice President, Chairman and CEO in the U.S. sharing the positive feedback with him.
This is a great advertisement for Intelect’s role as Principal Contractor on this project and we are pleased to pass this feedback on to our staff and sub-contractors.