News & Features
Upgrades to Intelect's Engineering workshop in Humberside
Intelect have been busy upgrading and improving their workshops at their Grimsby site in Humberside, with the addition of a new five tonne overhead crane, six large fabrication bays and some specialist pipework equipment.
The ongoing investment plans accross all Intelect sites reflects the needs of our customers and our desire to deliver the best possible service, whilst ensuring our staff are kept safe.
The installation of our new overhead crane will be a welcome addition, increasing both the capacity of what we can work on and the safety for our staff.
The crane will be put to work immediately, on a project we have recently won, to manufacture and assemble steelwork for a company in the chemical industry.
The new fabrication bays, lined with 34 metres of flame retardant curtain will increase our manufacturing capacity, reduce the risk of cross contamination between materials or inadvertent exposure of personnel to hazordous environments.
Specialist pipework equipment
Achieving the best possible results comes from knowledge, experience and equipment, our Pipe Welding Division Supervisor, Paul Hurst recently sourced the following equipment to improve productivity in the preparation and welding of pipework.
- Pipework bevelling machines (8 inch to 16 inch pipework). providing a perfect bevel for the welder.
- 4 new Jasic AC/DC welding plants, water cooled, capable of 315AMPS.
- Welding turn table, remotely turns pipe reducing the need to stop and start welds.
- Ben New, fabrication apprentice, is one of the company’s latest rising stars. Completing his first year of training with local engineering college HETA, Ben was recently awarded Apprentice of the Year by the college, after achieving a distinction in each of the ten exams he sat as part of his course.Read More »
- St Mary’s Football Club has had a positive start to their season following the announcement of a new three-year sponsorship with local engineering company, Intelect.Read More »
- News & Features In the same week that engineering company Intelect celebrated its 25th anniversary, the team were also delighted to bag three awards for their commitments to apprenticeships and training. The first award arrived at the grand final of the North East Business Awards, where Intelect narrowly pipped Unipres and Newcastle Building Society to […]Read More »