Here at Intelect, we are very proactive in the training of our apprentices. As well as receiving on the job training, apprentices will also receive specialised training from our training providers, to ensure they build the right knowledge and skills around their course.
Apprentices will be allocated a mentor at all times, to help guide and teach them the knowledge required to fulfill their role. At Intelect, all apprentices are pushed to reach their maximum potential, and a full-time support network is available.
We offer all of our apprentices’ equal opportunity, with the chance to develop their knowledge further through additional courses such as a HNC (Higher National Certificate), and even Degree Level Apprentices.
Safety is at the forefront of everything we do, therefore we provide full Health and Safety training to all apprentices, to ensure they are competent and safe when they are on site.
We provide the following additional training where necessary:
- Safety Passport
- Confined Space
- CITB Health and Safety Awareness
- First Aid
- Abrasive Wheels
- Fire Warden
- Harness Training
- Water Hygiene
- Asbestos Awareness
Our training providers:
- JTL Training
- Northern Skills Group
- Tyne and Wear Access North East Ltd
- H.E. Woolley
- Access Training
Training Provider Testimonials:
“Intelect are very proactive in apprentice training this can be seen across all areas of their business and see the programme as way of developing their business as well as the individual. Over the years JTL have built a strong bond with Intelect as they are committed to delivering quality training to produce quality trades people, this not only benefits their organisation but the electrical industry as a whole.”
- Paul Moorcock, JTL.
“Intelect has taken apprentice training very seriously and have taken on apprentices and kept them through the difficult times, they have a top down approach and support comes from the whole of the business. Intelect embraces developing the capabilities of apprentices and giving them the need to succeed and this can create a collaborative learning culture which they can share throughout the organisation.”
- Don Atkinson, Northern Skills Group.
Additional information about apprenticeships
- Since 1998, apprenticeships have been the building blocks of the Intelect workforce, and have continued to be for the past 20 years as we have grown and progressed as a business.Read More »
- Our apprenticeship courses include; Electrical Engineering, Fabrication and Welding, Design, Business Administration, Accountancy, Pipefitting and Welding and Mechanical Fitting.Read More »
- The Intelect Apprenticeship Programme is the best way to develop a career in a subject you are passionate about, whilst also getting paid.Read More »
- Intelect are regularly nominated for industry awards which recognise the efforts we put into staff training.Read More »
- Additional information for anyone wanting to apply for an apprenticeship with Intelect.Read More »
Working for intelectRead about how our employees that have succeeded through apprenticeship programmes.
- Middlesbrough-based engineering company, Intelect have once again been highlighted for …
- This year Intelect celebrates 20 years in business, are named …
- Company Secretary and Director John Thompson from the company accepted …
- Intelect are proud that Liam Steel (pictured right) and Jonathan …
- Intelect were presented with an award for large employer of …